And now, here she is...
Does this seem like a funny choice for her one year photo? I don't know, I just thought it really accurately captured what's happening these days. I had a tough time getting a photo of her, and then realized that's okay. We have plenty of other photos of her during this stage, and these monthly photos I intended for photos of her development. I mean, her face hasn't changed all that much in the past month or two... but her ability to motor around on her own sure had blossomed. Here's what she is up too...
- Clearly, she is walking. She motors around here pretty good, walking halfway across a room before she'll go to her bum or her hands and knees. Her confidence is growing and I know it won't be long now before she prefers walking over crawling.
- She has four teeth, and it looks pretty cute! The gummy smiles were cute... but I'm enjoying these teeth smiles just as much!
- Her hair is incredibly long now! Yesterday I even managed to get her hair into two tiny pigtails (if you follow me on Instagram at firsttimefancyblog, you may have seen them!)
- As far as food goes, the days are hit and miss. Somedays she will want to try whatever we have, other days not so much. We're still not getting too many veggies into her, but she loves her fruit, grains, meat and dairy - so the majority of the major food groups are getting into her every day.
- She is very vocal. Blabbering a lot, and I'm pretty sure we're getting "dat!" and pointing... asking us what "that" is. So we do our best to tell her what everything is that she looks at and points at, and sometimes we are rewarded with her attempt at repeating us.
What an incredible (and sometimes trying) year it has been! I know that this next year will bring even more challenges in taking her photo, but she is such an inquisitive little girl, that I am okay with that. I can't wait to explore more and see the world through her eyes!